Although Salesforce has long been known as an application for sales management and enablement, the company has continued to extend well beyond its initial leanings. In this three-part essential guide collection, explore the Salesforce clouds, from Sales Cloud to Marketing and Service Cloud to newer entrants, such as IoT Cloud, Analytics Cloud and Health Cloud.
Don’t miss out on:
- Case studies of companies who have successfully integrated Salesforce cloud, like Boston book publisher Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- Examples of how to tackle data silos with the Sales Cloud
- An overview of the app development platform Lightning, and how it has effected Salesforce’s path to becoming a full-fledged platform
Get answers to common questions about the Salesforce clouds, including:
- How Salesforce Sales Cloud puts customer information back into the hands of sales reps
- When Salesforce Marketing Cloud is planning to bring one-on-one marketing to customers
- Why create solid customer experience and agent productivity with Salesforce Service Cloud?
- Can Salesforce Health Cloud really improve patient/doctor relationships?
- And so much more